With the situations of things in our world today, an average Christian wants to know how does the church influence the world today especially in this end times. If you understand God’s plans on how the church of Christ can influence the society today, you will be able to position your life, business, finances and marriage to be of use to God.
This post is another in the series of posts I am publishing on the plans of God for the church and the world in this end times especially as it relates with how you and I can help solve the problems of the world. It’s so clear to me now that the covid-19 pandemic is expected to usher in a new level of operation for the church and the world and you are expected to be ready for this.
Can the church have any influence on our world today?
The church, surely is expected to have strong influence on our society today especially in this end times. The church of Christ has been of great use to the world and the society since Bible days and these end times is not supposed to be different.
Church influence on the world today
The truth is that the prophetic information I have shared in earlier posts about God’s end – time agenda has always been in God’s Word as we have it in the Bible. In the Old Testament, the use of divine ideas to solve practical problems in practical places of the society was always the norm.
The activities of people like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, Job and the rest present good examples here. They use Godly principles to solve problems. Things are not supposed to be different today.
A Check list of how the church has influenced the world
I want you to be inspired with this check list of how the church of Christ has influenced the world since Bible days:
- Daniel, in Daniel 2:27-45 solved a practical problem of the king and the king bowed and sang praises of the God Daniel served. The king made the following statement about the God of Daniel, “Truly your God is the God of gods, the Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, since you could reveal this secret” (Daniel 2:47).
- Jacob used God’s idea to solve a problem not in the temple but in a farm. Read Genesis 31:10 – 13 to see this interesting story.
- Joseph solved problems everywhere. He solved problems as a slave in his master’s house, in the prison as a prisoner, in the palace of the pharaoh. In the society as a Governor. Pharaoh and his people bowed and worshiped the God he served.
- They begged Joseph for help when they had problems, “So when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried to Pharaoh for bread. Then Pharaoh said to all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph; whatever he says to you, do” (Genesis 41: 55).
- You will love the Bible’s description of Job’s influence over his society as we have it recorded in Job 29:7-10: “When I went out to the gate by the city, when I took my seat in the open square, the young men saw me and hid, and the aged arose and stood; the princes refrained from talking, and put their hand on their mouth; the voice of nobles was hushed and their tongue stuck to the roof of their mouth…”
How Prophet Isaiah saw it
Prophet Isaiah captured this idea perfectly when he declared in Isaiah 51:4-6,
“Pay attention, my people. Listen to me, nations. Revelation flows from me. My decisions light up the world. My deliverance arrives on the run, my salvation right on time. I’ll bring justice to the peoples. Even faraway islands will look to me and take hope in my saving power. Look up at the skies; ponder the earth under your feet. The skies will fade out like smoke, the earth will wear out like work pants, and the people will die off like flies. But my salvation will last forever; my setting-things-right will never be obsolete….” (MSG).
Yes, faraway islands will look to the church and take hope in God’s saving power because of revelations or ideas will flow from God to the church on how to solve the world’s problems. Other old testament Prophets like Micah, Jeremiah, Joel also spoke prophetically about this end-time agenda of God.
Jesus speaking to the disciples after He rose from the dead, declared,
“These are the words which I spoke to you while I was with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and Psalms concerning Me” (Matthew 24: 44). All prophecies in the Old Testament will surely come to pass.
How does the church influence the world starts from you
Now that you have read some of prophecies in the Old Testament on how the body of Christ can influence the world in this end times, you should be ready to be used by God for His purpose and for His cause.
Please let me read your comment on this topic. I want you to show some love by sharing this post with your friends on social media.
Other Interesting Faith Resources
- Learn how to get a miracle from God with your prayers: This is an insightful short ebook where step by step description on how to get to the heart of God with your prayers.
- Holy Spirit and His Gift by Kenneth Hagin
- Believer’s Authority by Kenneth Hagin
- Parable of Dollars By Sam Adeyemi
- The Prostitute: A story of love, fury, and jealousy by Sesan Oguntade
- Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered by Lysa TerKeurst
- You can stop addiction and masturbation by reading stories and charts by Sesan oguntade