You will surely need to learn how to serve God effectively. Come to think of it, there are immense benefits in serving the Lord. You and your household must serve God to reap these many benefits.
It is also important today for Christians to learn how to serve God outside of the church. Serving God should not be limited to what you do only inside the church. You should be able to serve God in spirit and in truth. Let’s go deeper into this topic.
Benefits of serving God
I want you to read one of the benefits:
“So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.
There are still many benefits mentioned in that Chapter of the bible. Let mention some below:
- God will bless your bread and water
- God will take sickness away from you
- No one will suffer miscarriage among you
- No one will be barren among you
- You will live a full and fulfilled life
I believe you will agree with me that these are wonderful benefits. I am not writing about the benefits of serving God today but about how to serve God effectively as a Christian.
Note: Watch this interesting video on How to follow the faith process to flow in the miraculous
How to serve God effectively as a Christian
To help yourself to serve God effectively, you must position yourself to see, hear, understand the Lord and all He has done.
In addition, to help your children serve God effectively, you must ensure they also see, hear, understand the Lord and all He has done.
In both cases, the following are important to serve God effectively as a Christian:
- Personal study of the Word of God.
- Family study of the Word of God
- Fellowshipping with other brethren.
- Telling stories of the Bible to your children.
- Walking righteously and with integrity before your children. This is a practical way of reaching them about God and His Word.
- Encouraging your children to pray.
- Explaining revelations they see to them and helping them to keep the records when they come to pass.
- Helping them to understand how God is a prayer-answering God.
- Helping them to understand how God loves those who walk according to His Word.
- Helping them to see the hand of God in everything they do or happen and to understand that God’s love is ever available to them.
- Advising them not to keep bad friends. Tell them the dangers of evil communication.
- Leading your children to Christ when they are of age.
Israel served God during Joshua’s era
The people served the Lord during the time of Joshua and all the elders that outlived him because they saw the great works that God did.
But it was not so for the generation that came after them. They did not know, recognize and understand the Lord and all He had done.
That must have been an error from their parents. They probably did not emphasize the teachings of the Lord and all He did for Israel in front of their children.
Check out the scripture on how to serve God effectively
The Bible. Judges 2:7-8,10-14
And the people served the Lord all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the Lord which He did for Israel.
And Joshua son of Nun, the servant of the Lord, died, being 110 years old.
And also all that generation were gathered to their fathers, and there arose another generation after them who did not know (recognize, understand) the Lord, or even the work which He had done for Israel.
And the people of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord and served the Baals.
And they forsook the Lord, the God of their fathers, Who brought them out of the land of Egypt. They went after other gods of the peoples round about them and bowed down to them, and provoked the Lord to anger.
And they forsook the Lord and served Baal [the god worshiped by the Canaanites] and the Ashtaroth [female deities such as Ashtoreth and Asherah].
So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and He gave them into the power of plunderers who robbed them; and He sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could no longer stand before their foes.
I believe you have been able to pick out some good wisdom nuggets from this post on how to serve God effectively as a Christian. Serving God will add immense value to you and your children.
Please share this post with your friends on social media. Let me read your comment on the factors that help you to serve God effectively.