Sexual sins like fornication, adultery and their likes are some of the ways the devil makes people to sin against God. God’s Word is clear about sex sins – The consequences are fatal. This is the reason why there are several Bible verses on fornication for our use in fighting these problems.
Bible Verses on fornication
I want you to read the following bible verses on fornication:
- “Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body” (1 Corinthians 6:18)2. “But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints…” (Ephesians 5:3) 3. “Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry” (Colossians 3:5).
- “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge” (Hebrew 13:4). 5. “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man” (Mark 7:21-23).
God knows the good future He has in stock for you so he has put His instructions as we have it in the bible in place to guide you and me to this great future. With each obedience to any of God’s commandment, you move towards this great future.God's Word is clear about sex sins - The consequences are fatal. This is the reason why there are several Bible verses on fornication for our use in fighting these problems.Click To Tweet
Note: You may also like to read christian-guides-to-stop-addiction
Proverbs 7:2 shows us, “Keep my commands and live, and my law as the apple of your eye”. Sex sins anger God so much because it is done against our body which is His place of habitation or living place. Don’t allow Him to vent His anger on you if you continuously carry out acts that inflict injury on His living place.
Note: Please read my book, Struggling with Fornication? How to avoid sex sins: Christian sex education for all ages
Read Margaret’s Story
Perhaps, you should listen to Margaret who describes how she had several opportunities to flee fornication but ended up getting involved in it which almost claimed her life:
“Having been involved in Christian works as a Christian since my early years, I must confess that I have had the opportunity of listening to series of sermons and advice on the evils of fornication. I knew about the consequences. I knew God detests it. I have kept myself from it for many years and I had a resolution to stay a virgin until I get married. However, I broke this resolution and sinned against God and my body”.
Note: Get all the ebooks and Video Courses in our faith Based Business series
Diligent Study on these Bible Verses on fornication Can Help You
Consistent study of God’s Word (especially portions that talk about the consequences of sex sins) will help you greatly. If you find it difficult studying God’s Word as a Christian, be sincere to ask the Holy Spirit to help you – He will help you.
You can follow the steps below to make the bible passages above impart you:
Steps to use Bible Verses on fornication
- Pray to God asking His Spirit to reveal Him to you from His Word as you search for strength to avoid sex sins.
- Pick the first passage and read to yourself. You can have other versions of the bible with you. You can also read commentaries (if there are any on that passage in that bible).
- Think over the meanings the passage is trying to pass across to you. Think deeply so that you can grab full understanding of what the passage is all about.
- Write on a jotter what comes to your mind as actions you must take to obey the scriptures you have read. Please write freely.
- Pray to God to help you take these actions. Please pray vigorously and sincerely. At this stage, the length of time of your prayer session does not matter; just talk to God from a sincere heart.
- Pray against every works of darkness or the devil that may want to prevent you from achieving these Godly aims.
- You can repeat these same steps on this first passage for more days.
- Go over to bible passage 2, 3, 4, 5, and carry out steps 1-7.
- Please ensure you compel yourself to act out what you have written down. Nothing will work if you don’t rise to do your decisions even if you have the whole of heaven backing you!
Check out my book, Struggling with Fornication? How to avoid sex sins: Christian sex education for all ages