All Christians must learn how to walk by faith and not by feelings. Now I understand that there are many factors that can prevent you from walking by faith with God. Yes, they are many and they will always be there as long as this present earth remains.
However, just because they are there does not mean we don’t have to walk by faith. We are called Christian faithfuls and our only way of living is to walk by faith. Remember that the Bible says, “The just shall live by his faith.” Faith is like the air we breathe in for survival.
What does it mean to walk by faith and not by feelings?
We are spirit beings but we dwell in the flesh so that we can be relevant on this physical earth. Now we can decide to allow our flesh to dictate how we walk with God. That is when you are walking by feelings.
However, if we decide to allow our born again spirits dictate how we walk with God on this earth, then we are said to be walking by faith.
Guys who showed how to live by faith
The faith steps taken by the guys in the book of Mark chapter 2 of the Bible have continued to amaze me whenever I study the passage. It is a classic example of how to walk by faith and not by feelings.
The Bible records that Jesus ‘saw their faith’. Let me give you the opportunity to read this faith story as narrated under inspiration by the writer, Mark:
“Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying” (Mark 2:3-5). When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you”.
Their faith was visible to God and they got what they wanted from Jesus. When they got to that gathering, their feelings and flesh must have told them that: “Hey, you better go back home. There is no way you can get your friend across to Jesus.”All Christians must learn how to walk by faith and not by feelings. Get that much-needed promise from God by learning how to walk by faith.Click To Tweet
Then, their spirits must have said these faith words to them: “Hey, common guys, you can’t go back home after you put in all the efforts to get here. You just have to find a way to get your friend across to Jesus.”
And their faith won over their feelings. They took a decision to walk by faith and not by feelings.
Steps on how to walk by faith and not by feelings
I will be showing below the various steps they took to make their faith visible to God and to demonstrate their readiness to walk by faith:
- They all believed that Jesus was able to heal their friend. This believing step is necessary. There will be no faith walk except there is a believing step that has already taken place.
- ‘Then they came to Him’: They took their faith walk to the next step by coming to Him bringing their sick friend along with them.
- ‘Carried by four men’: They had to go through a difficult step of carrying their friends to the location where Jesus was.
- ‘And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd’: An obstacle presented itself when they finally got to Jesus’ location. They did not turn back. They did not lose hope. They did not abandon the project.
- They uncovered the roof’: They devised a strategy to destroy the obstacle. They uncovered the roof of the hall where Jesus was ministering! They broke the roof into pieces. When any obstacle tries to stop you from walking by faith, it should get this type of treatment from you.
- ‘They let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying’: They took the final step of their faith walk by letting down their sick friend in front of Jesus.
You will agree with me that these were great faith steps. I am not surprised Jesus saw their faith and they got the miracle they desired!
Visible faith and the end time
Visible Faith is the type of faith that is needed in this end time. Jesus also described it as a persistent faith in the book of Luke 18 with the story of the persistent widow. Most times, visible faith requires ‘dangerous’ faith steps along the way tearing off any obstacle that tries to present itself in the course of your faith walk.
Your faith and your business
Your business and its growth need such ‘dangerous’ faith steps from you. There are so many competitions and ‘sharks’ in the market place and they are ever ready to keep you and your business down, you need to keep your focus on God and His instructions to you from time to time.
God is ever committed to instructing you if you are a committed child of His. He gives you instructions through His Spirit. Whenever you are low on confidence or you lack a solution to any problem, separate yourself to hear from God, He will speak to you and will share exceptional solutions and strategies with you.
You will need lots of courage to act out these instructions most times. He told Joshua when it was time for him to take over the big mantle of leadership of Israel from the great Prophet, Moses: “Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses my servant commanded you” (Joshua 1:7).
Be courageous. Run your business according to instructions from God. Make your faith visible to God. Exceptional results will always follow. Please share this article with your friends.
Further Reading: Habakkuk 2:4, Matthew 8:10, Luke 18: 1-8
I want you to check out this small guide on