Solving problems outside the church is the duty of every Spirit-filled Christian. It’s sad that most Christians are only contented with solving problems or being active only inside the church.
But can Christ and Christianity be limited only within the four-walls of the church? Now when I mention church, I am sure you know I am talking about the church fellowship. Jesus Christ is too big to be limited only within the church fellowship.
Not Solving problems outside the fellowship is a ‘sin’
Limiting the gospel of Jesus Christ within the four walls of the church fellowship is one of the many “sins” of Christians and the church for many years now. Most Christians act like angels within their church fellowship but becomes ordinary in their neighborhood or offices.
They don’t believe what they learn in their fellowship is relevant to all they do outside it. Some Christians believe that their only Christian duty outside the church fellowship is to resist sin. Yes you must resist sin but you must also use biblical principles you have learned to solve problems in your own little way wherever you find yourself.
Solving problems outside the church drag people to Christ
People will be more interested in knowing and accepting the Christ you serve and proclaim if they see you solving practical problems or giving useful suggestions using your God-given gifts and with the help of the Holy Spirit.
I believe this is the surest way to carry out practical and effective evangelism today in a world where the heart of many are growing cold to the Word of God. Many are not studying the Word of God again but are ready to read about Him in your conduct and way of living.
The gospel is for the whole world
Jesus is too big to be limited to the four-walls of the church. The Jesus’ gospel is for the whole world and is relevant to anything or anyone who has a connection with this world.
The world itself and everything in it have their origin in Jesus as contained in John 1:1-3, so it can be positively influenced and sustained by the good news of Jesus Christ. We (Christians) are required to be agents of the administration of this good news to influence the world for Jesus Christ in this end time.
Sermons of solving problems outside the church
The following are biblical teachings or sermons on solving problems outside the church:
- Jesus’ great commission instructions to His disciples have all the dictates of what I have described above, Mark captured it this way: “You are to go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone, everywhere …” (Mark 16:15) (TLB) (emphasis mine).
- The writer Luke quoted Jesus this way: “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah must suffer and die and rise again from the dead on the third day; and that this message of salvation should be taken from Jerusalem to all the nations: There is forgiveness of sins for all who turn to me (Luke 24: 46-47) (TLB). Jesus even quoted an old testament prophesy here.
- Matthew captured his this way, quoting Jesus again, “I have been given all authority in heaven and earth. Therefore go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28: 18-19) (TLB) (emphasis mine).
Biblical solutions to the whole world
We can see from above passages that Jesus does not want His good news of salvation to be limited to the four-walls of the church; He wants it taken to the whole world. Christians are supposed to be the agents of taking these biblical solutions to the whole world.
The good news of salvation is not just about leading people to Christ, it also includes helping the people of the world and the society to find solutions to their problems using Godly principles. This is why it is called, salvation.
How Joel saw solving problems outside the church
The farmer, Joel wrote in Joel 2:1, a message from God which is relevant to this topic:
“Blow the ram’s horn trumpet in Zion! Trumpet the alarm on my holy mountain! Shake the country up! (MSG) (emphasis mine).
The ram’s horn or the trumpet should be blown in Zion and on His holy mountain but the entire country must feel the impact of these actions. In essence, Joel, under inspiration of God is telling you and I to learn all the principles in our church fellowship and practically use them outside it to influence the world for Christ.
I sincerely hope you will be one of the crusaders the Lord can rely on in this end time. Solving problems outside the church is one of the ways to enlist yourself in God’s camp as a crusader in these last days.
Please share the post on social media and let me also read your comment.
Interesting Faith Resources
- Learn how to get a miracle from God with your prayers: This is an insightful short ebook where step by step description on how to get to the heart of God with your prayers.
- Holy Spirit and His Gift by Kenneth Hagin
- Believer’s Authority by Kenneth Hagin
- Parable of Dollars By Sam Adeyemi
- The Prostitute: A story of love, fury, and jealousy by Sesan Oguntade
- Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered by Lysa TerKeurst
- You can stop addiction and masturbation by reading stories and charts by Sesan oguntade